Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in B-town

We headed to Boise for a fun-filled and busy week. We never seem to have enough time to see everyone we would like, even while running ourselves ragged. Brooklyn had a BLAST playing with all her cousins and friends and LOVED being around her grandparents. I wish I would have taken more pictures with my parents and the kids, but I did get some good ones with Brooklyn feeding the cows with my Dad. She loved feeding the cows! Little does she know, but we will be eating those cows in a few months. : ) We blessed Troy while we were there in my parents home and had a huge showing (and circle!!). They lulled him right to sleep with their bouncing. While we were in town, my neice Katie broke her femer (poor little girl!!), so we visited her in the hospital. She has a cast on both legs up to her waist, but it's hot pink, so she doesn't seem to mind it too much yet. We had dinner with Erik's siblings, made pies with my sisters, I chopped my hair off (YEA!), watched the BSU game with our good friends, shopped at the SUPER Walmart (we don't have one here), and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine (even though it was FREEZING). For Thanksgiving, we ate with Erik's family at the church (in order to accomadate the huge group). They had a pinata for the kids which was really fun. I enjoyed it since I didn't have to cook the whole dinner (like I have for the past 5 years in a row!). I actually got to relax! Then we had dessert with my family at my parents. All in all it was a great trip, but we were glad to be home again in our over-cast "little" town. Although, we already miss all of our family and friends, but we hope to be back soon to visit again. Thanks to my Mom and Dad for again letting us use their car all week and for letting us crash at their place. And thanks to Dee and Terry for watching Brooklyn while Erik and I enjoyed a little date out with his siblings. I have more pictures to post, but they aren't letting me now for some reason. To be continued...

What Troy did while we ate TG dinner.



A little photo shoot at the train depot before TG dinner.






Brooklyn was NOT a happy camper.








Riding the swing, and feeding the cows with Grandpa Hill. The cows let her get REALLY close.















What does a cow say Brooklyn? "Mooo!"















With Grandpa Paternoster before getting blessed.



Our 2 kiddos. I made their outfits. They aren't perfect, but I'm still proud. : )
























Grandma Hill, Grandma Paternoster, & Troy











Our little happy family!








A picture of my neice Katie 2 days before breaking her leg.














15 comments:

5 Brothers Farms said...

Sounds like such a fun visit! I love the MOO face!:) Super cute!!

The Wi Family said...

Looks like quite a fun trip! Your haircut is super cute and you did an awesome job on the outfits for Troy's blessing!!! I'm really impressed. Hope you had a great trip back.

Mandi said...

Sounds fun! Your hair looks cute, and I am so impressed you made thos outfits!

Brian or Julie said...

Fun stuff! Your mom is looking good. I love the cow pics. :) Oh and you have to see Twilight 2 time that is the key because the frist time you're just thinking to much about the book.

B.S. said...

I love your hair...you may have just have inspired me! Sounds like you guys had fun...I noticed you didn't metion anything about traveling with two kiddos, how did they do?

Philip and Melissa said...

If we would've had a breather during the holidays it would have been so fun to see you guys! cute cute pics.

Erik & Marcie +3 said...

The kids were great on the airplane! We luckily had a seat for Brooklyn on the way there and back. They slept the whole way home. We did make the mistake of giving Brooklyn a sucker on the way to Boise, so she got a little wired, but she was a good girl. We have been blessed with easy children!

MadMama said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I love the new haircut and the outfits you made are darling!

Nicole said...

I love Brooklyn's puffy coat and hat!! So cute. OH and cute hair Marcie! Looks like you all had fun :) We're sad to miss it.

Kim Davis said...

Marcie, you look great and I can't believe you made that blessing outfit! Well, I can. You are one talented woman.

casa chandler said...

Great pictures! looks like you had fun at home. i love the family pics especially.

Auna Leigh said...

Sounds like you guys were living it up! I'm bummed we were out of town. We'll have to have lunch during the Christmas! Loved the pics!

Mandy said...

Your hair is adorable! I still can't believe you made their outfits! They turned out so cute! Great job!

Heather and Don said...

Cute blog background, cute hair, cute Brooklyn and Troy! Looks like a happy Thanksgiving! Don and I are in sunny Arizona right now - we had a moment of silence for you as we passed by AZ State! Love you!

ang :o) said...

Thanks for commenting. I thought I commented on yours when i found it through Ashley's but I probably forgot. Your kids are so cute. Looks like you had a great visit to Boise!