Sunday, July 5, 2009

"America, America, God shed His grace on thee!!"

Happy 4th of July!! What a great holiday, probably one of my favorites. What other holiday do we pig out on hot-dogs, corn-on-the-cob, watermelon, hamburgers, and potato salad? Not to mention the fire-works. It seems like every 4th gets a little more sentimental and emotional for me. I am SO thankful to live in this free, amazing country! We are so blessed to have the freedoms we do, and I know we all sometimes take them for granted. This year I am especially grateful as I am starting to see some of our freedoms taken away (I won't get into it). I just feel so blessed to be able to raise our children in a safe, and free country where we don't have to worry about being killed for speaking our minds. Where I can walk around free as a woman and vote, gain an education, and work in a profession as I chose! It saddens me to know that some people don't have the same pride in their country. I hope someday they will take pride and understand how lucky we all are! God bless America!
We started off the 3-day weekend by running through the sprinklers. Erik is seriously the most fun dad ever. He's not afraid of acting like a kid again!
I love the sheer joy on her face.
CAREFULLY stepping through the sprinkler.
Troy wasn't too sure about all of it. He's a little hesitant.

Oooh, that's cold!
That night, our old ward had a pot-luck/softball game at Hazen HS. Troy and Jenna always have so much fun together. And who wouldn't want to be around such a cute little girl!!
Nice hit Daddy! I'm especially impressed with my photo-taking abilities while holding Troy. :)

For the 4th, we went over to our "adopted" family BBQ, at the Rigtrups.
Had to throw in the close-up too, since this is my scrapbook, per say.
The smokin' hot ladies cookin' up some delicious grub! Alexis Allen and Stephanie Rigtrup.
Troy was a little out of it. He didn't take an afternoon nap. So he went down to bed early. Poor guy.
Another sleepy baby. Thomas Allen. He and Troy are only 1 month and 2 days apart. They had a blast together! And he is such a little sweetheart.
Having fun on the tramp. Brooklyn really thinks she is so big.
We love Roxy!
Playing duck, duck, goose. Actually, I think Brooklyn was just running around.
There were some sweet fire-works in the neighborhood. Lots of illegal stuff, you know, the GOOD stuff! Kind of scary with all those pine-trees around.
"Cheese!!"
Trying to get a picture with the kiddos. Brooklyn was thrilled.

Yes, I know my fore-head is shiny. This is where Troy and I took in the festivities. Erik woke him up from his peaceful slumber because he didn't want him to miss the fire-works! :)
Brooklyn's very own sparkler! Yes, we're that family who lets their 2 year old hold her own sparkler.


The morning after.

8 comments:

Mamie said...

Amen to that sista. We are so lucky!

And your babes are so cute...not to mention how fantastic you look. That triathlon training looks good on you. ;)

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh. Those pictures are ADORABLE! I love the 4th of July outfits! Beautiful Family.

Melissa Snyder said...

Looks like you had a great 4th. Your kids are growing so fast. I can't believe how big Troy is. Tell Eric I said hello. You look great Marcie!

The Evans Family said...

Looks like a fun day! Brooklyn & Troy are so cute!

Claire said...

Marcie, You are one foxy lady. Your kids are cute too and Erik is alright I guess, just kidding. Looks like you all had fun!

Mandi said...

So fun! I just use my fingers to do Marlee's hair... I dunno! I just use my finer, pull it through and then pull it tight... I'm afraid I don't have any great tips...

The Wi Family said...

You guys are so stinkin cute!! Looks like you had a blast!

The Stones said...

Looks like you got the 'work-out' bug too:) you look AMAZING!!! Keep up the great work!